Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coping with a break up, any advice?

My fiance and I split up on the weekend, after 4 mostly happy years together. I think the problems we had were small snowflakes in isolation, but they compounded to an avalanche in the end. We didn't argue, and we split up as good friends, and I love her and she loves me, but basically we weren't QUITE close enough, we didn't quite have enough in common. Is that normal? I don't know, I mean how many couples are perfectly alligned mentally? I love football and golf, she loves shopping and handbags, isn't that normal for men and woment to be different, and not quite get each other perfectly? I don't know, whatever. But these last few weeks have been tough, but have made me realise that warts and all, I love her to death. But it's over, and I have to accept that. Maybe it'll be for the best, and over the long run I will be happy, but right now I'm going on an emotional roller coaster, highs and lows, glorifying her one minute, looking on to the future the next. I need a hug, I need a girl, but then I don't - the idea of meeting someone new terrifies me nowCoping with a break up, any advice?
I went back, and I'd recommend takin the pain and movin on, learning more about your own life, what you would want in a wife or spouse or whatever, not just randomly going back...Coping with a break up, any advice?
You don't get over it. You get THROUGH it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Always remind yourself that the pain won't last forever, even if it seems like it will sometimes. There's light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it. Just trust and believe that it's there. Keep moving forward. You will reach the other side eventually. Do what you have to do to cope. Just keep going until it doesn't hurt so much anymore. You'll get there.


If there's any hope left I recommend for you to read the book ';The Five Love Languages'; by Gary Chapman. If you're not into reading try getting an audiobook. It's very short and probably the best book I've ever read on relationships. It's amazing to tell you the truth. It is a christian book, but the principles remain the same whether you are into christian literature or not. Even if it doesn't work for this relationship, it never hurts to learn more for the next Ms. Wonderful who comes along. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment