Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coping with a break up. Help please!?

My ex %26amp; I have been broken up nearly 5 months now. I know it's been a very long time. We went out for about 14 months. We broke up becuase at the time, our priorties weren't straight and we didn't communicate. He technically broke up with me and I'm still heartbroken. I feel so weak for still caring, I hate it. Right after we broke up, he started talking to some other girl. I figured it was just a rebound, though I cared greatly about it, I tried to look at the positive side. Well, I guess they did have a ';thing'; and he suddenly called things off. After some time he realized he wanted her back and tried it but she denied him. This makes me so sad/hurt for so many reasons. First, how he could just move on so quickly. It wasn't just lust or anything anymore. He acutally saw a future w/ her. I'm still here pining over him and I truly am trying not to, I just still hope for something between us to spark again. we are around eachother all the %26amp;i just don't know what to do. I still want him.Coping with a break up. Help please!?
I agree with Gun Dream, you have to stop all communication. It took me almost a year to get over my ex, and we were together for two years. Five months isn't a long time at all.





I wouldn't make too many changes though as you're still grieving and need familiar things around you. I know for me he wanted to keep our apartment but I just couldn't leave it so he got his own place. I couldn't deal with losing him, our place, our neighborhood etc, all at the same time.





Also don't try to be friends too soon. I thought I could deal with it but I was just kidding myself. Deep down I just wanted to be around him. The first time we hung out as friends we went to a bar, and he had the nerve to take some trampy girl home right in front of me. Some piece of trash, and it made me feel sick to my stomach to think of ';my sweetie'; with that awful girl. That's what happens when one person moves on faster than the other. Maybe he had been thinking about breaking up for awhile so he had more time to get over you and the relationship.





Don't feel weak, you're still in love and it's so hard but you will get over it. I know it's impossible right now to even think of not having him in your life, but trust me the day will come when you realize that you haven't been thinking about him so much. Then you'll go maybe a week without thinking of him, then longer. You do need to make a real effort though to avoid him and not be around him. I was hoping too that things would start up again with my ex, but now I'm so glad they didn't.





Don't be afraid to ask friends and family for help too. I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems but when I finally did ask I was surprised at how many people were willing to talk to me and offer advice. Older women like aunts or grandmas are great sources of advice because they've been through it all, and they're proof that you do get through it. Good luck!Coping with a break up. Help please!?
have you communicated this to him, i think you need to talk to him about your feelings, let him know how you feel, and if maybe there's a chance that you both my work things out again, and try again in your relationship, who knows maybe it can work out again.GL!
1) Stop all contact with him. I don't understand the need t hang out with an ex, how can you heal when he is there all the time?





2) You need to get him down from your pedestal and see him with clear eyes. He is a guy who was able to move on with life very quickly. He was not that much in love with you anymore, I am sorry, in fact, I wouldn't discard that as the real reason why your ';priorities weren't straight';. He is someone that hurt you, he is not the person you fell in love with in the first place. Stop adoring him like a god, he is just human.





3) Take your time, make new friends, do stuff, get busy, go to the movies, dinner, dancing lessons, whatever, but again, not with him. Get it through your head that you don't need him to have fun, or have a social life.





4) If needed, go to counseling, if you find the right therapist, it can work miracles.





And once again, because I can't say it enough, BREAK ALL CONTACT WITH HIM. That's what BREAKing up is about.





It took me 7 years to get over a 6 month relationship. Now that years have gone by, I realize I could have healed much faster had I not clinged to his memory for dear life. What a waste of time.
Find a way to remove yourself from his environment. Being around him all the time isn't helping you to move on. He is taking up way too much of your brain space.





Secondly, seek out some counseling. You have suffered a loss and need help to move through it. You will be glad you did. You need to stop focusing so much on him and deal with yourself.





Please find some things to do after work to keep you busy and keep your mind occupied. Physical activities, crafts, going out to a bookstore, taking walks, a new hobby = something to keep your mind too challenged to mope and think about him.





Consider possibly moving to a new apartment or new town, make some changes to change your environment. Have you considered sending out your resume to look for new work opportunities? You may find something better waiting for you but will never know until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment