Monday, August 16, 2010

What's the best way to cope with a long-term relationship break-up?

We have been seeing each other off and on for 2 1/2 years and started -officially- dating about 3 months ago... I guess I was in love with him more than I thought because we broke up, and I'm devestated. He seemed so careless and heartless about it, and he says that I'm ';quick to fly off the handle';. I admit that I am impatient at times, but likewise he says some really condescending things that hurt my feelings; when I say something to him about it he says I'm being too sensitive. Anyway, we broke up via TEXT MESSAGE!!... and I am struggling to even make it through the day... I haven't been in this situation for YEARS. He lives 1/2 a mile from me, we work in the same industry (and it's a small world), have mutual friends, and all I want to do is see him and be with him... but I know a break is a break up. I'm having a difficult time coping with all of this. I just wish we could work things out. Am I naive for thinking we can? How do I deal with this? HELP!What's the best way to cope with a long-term relationship break-up?
get pumped up, get ur self-respect/esteem back up......if he's too chicken to break up face to face....he's affraid of being commited anyways....you should start seeing more people get some rebound dates....guys who likes you and wants to make you happy.....to boost yourself ... and to forget about himWhat's the best way to cope with a long-term relationship break-up?
First of all you need to remove yourself from the situation. Stop sitting around all day thinking about it. Go out with your friends, better yet guy friends. Guys are better to confide in when your upset about another guy because you can flirt and just have a good time and the next thing ya know your not even thinking about your ex. From reading, your ex sounds a like a jerk in the way how he broke up with you. He isn't sad about it, so why should you?
the best way to deal with it is not to talk to him for a while i mean you can be friends in the long run but give yourself time to get over him...hangging around him is not going to help u get over him..it's just going to make it worse. So take some time apart and go from there.





hope that helps
The biggest thing that helped me after me and my ex of four years broke up is I kept telling myself this ';If he's not the one, someone else is and I better stop wasting my time with my ex and find the good guy!';





Finally, after I really moved on, I met the love of my life three months later and I have never once regretted my ex leaving me.





Just keep telling yourself you won't be alone forever and you will find the one. YOU WILL!!!
Keep yourself busy. Try some new things, and you'll find new friends that share the same interest. That's not to say you should get rid of your old ones, but you definitely need some new people in your life that don't remind you of your ex.





I'm sorry for what you're going through, been there, done that. I promise it'll get better.
Play loud music, dance around, run on a tredmill or outside and just push through the pain. Go out with some girl friends, dance, meet new people. Get into a book that will take you away from reality-even if you escape only for a few minutes. Watch movies or shows that have no connection to your ex but you enjoy. Punch a punching bag. Cry.
Hi


Anything like this is very tough.


All I can suggest is that you keep yourself busy as much as you can. Listen to angry girl songs and talk it through as much as you can with friends or family.


I always found that it helped to write down my feelings as much as I could too.





Hope this helps.
He sounds like a jerk anyway. I know it's hard, but it will get easier everyday. Keep yourself busy with other things. And like a bus, another one will come! Like the Maroon 5 song says, ';one day I'll wake up and it won't hurt anymore';! Good luck!!!
Talk to him in a couple days, he may feel the same way about you. Tell him you can change and not be so ';quick to fly off the handle,'; and tell him how much you miss him. Tell him things he'd like to hear you say.
Try your best not to see him. Workout and get fit. Concentrate on yourself and try not to worry or care what he is doing. It is his own life now and you have yours. Go your separate ways.
just try and stay friends and take it easy for a while... then things might just fall into place..





good luck..!Xx
just dont commit suicide
You are not naive for thinking you could work it out with my last longterm relationship I wish I couldv'e said more and now i'm with someone else but always think about my ex.So stand up don't let it be over until you really can't get through to him don't just give up now, you have been off an on for the longest it can be on again.A text is not a good way too break up.You'll see him again anyway staying that close to eachother, at least try to talk to him .We all get impatient, and your not sensitive your a girl.Tell him how you feel and tell him to be more gentle,but don't take things so serious .It will be okay just talk this out before you make your final decision think about it What can you change or make better in this relationship .
first of all you have to understand why you broke in the first place because there is allways a reason for it , dont dwell on the things you cant change but be positive about the things you can when two people break up its ussually because one or both persons involved feel the relationship offers them nothing of what they want anymore allthough this is usually no reflection on you just what you value in the relationship and if you or both loose sight of what really matters to you in the relationship then it is inevetable that its going to break down at some point .A break is allways hard but there is light at the end of the tunnel you have to keep yourself busy if you used to do a lot of things together you enjoyed dont stop doing them just change the location you have to think possitive and active allow yourself time to grieve but dont loose sight of being possitive www.beendumped.com is a usefull sight i found the people on there really helped me through the hardest times good luck and the pain does get easier chin up helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment