Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope with a break up?

I asked this girl out from my church and i have known her for a while and liked her for a while and it took me 3 years to get the guts to ask her out. she said yes, but shes not allowed to go out on dates till shes 16, I'm 17 and my birthday is in July and hers in December. We went out on a church retreat together and when we got home she said ';I'm not sure if we should be together now or when i turn 16'; I was upset, she is my first real girlfriend that i truly love. The weekend i was to go to her house and meet her parents her and her best friend that helped her through the toughest of times said something to her that affected her emotionally and their friendship was on the line, the day before i was to go over her house. When i went over she said she made her decision and wants to stay with me and her and her friend made up. A week later I started a conversation with her and she said i was acting strange and i asked her how then she said its not u its me, she didn't want to tell me, but i made her get it off her chest, she said ';I don't know if i love you, but i still have feelings for you';. This broke my heart cause i loved her so much so started crying then asked me if i was upset, she doesn't want me to cry or be upset, but i cant help it, and the fact that she has diagnostic tests the next day didn't help i tried to comfort her but nothing was working. How am i suppose to cope with this? She still wants to be friends I just don't know how to act while around her cause i still love her.How to cope with a break up?
It's best to take some time apart. Last year, me and my ex got together after having been best firends for 8 years. I loved her and i know she loved me and we were happy. But things changes. We broke up and she still wanted to be friends and i had the same feeling as you. I didn't know if we could go back to just being in love and best friends after all the things we shared and how we had loved each other, let alone i'd have to see her some day with another guy.


So we had a huge fight and didn't speak for 5 months. I had moved on in that time, met other girls and didn't feel love for her anymore. I sometimes missed or friendship and how we used to text each other all the day but that was all. Then she contacted me again and we agreed to be friends again, because we missed each others friendship but after just 2 days we were already talking about how we still had feelings for each other. She just wanted to stay friends despite of these feelings. So we said goodbey again and i haven't spoken to her since.





Sometimes, i guess, 2 people have feelings so strong for each other that friendship alone will not do... But if thats all one of them wants, there's nothing the other can do. I guess sometimes, it's love or nothing...





Give it some time. Maybey, you can be friends after a while again, maybey even lover. I hope for you you can keep her a friend somehow. Sucks knowing someone so good for 8 years and then just growing apart because your feelings are so strong.





Best of luck dude.How to cope with a break up?
I don't know if the best thing to be is her friend, it just reminds you of all the things you love about her and miss. I think you should not communicate with her no longer. You should allow yourself to cry and feel like sh*t only ONE day, the next day plan a bike ride with friends, lunch with friends, be out with people so you don't allow your brain to think about her. If you do think about her think she's past she's history. Look at other girls and think in your head what they have to offer, like oh she's pretty, oh she has nice hands, or she looks like she would be a good partner, whatever. Hope this helps.
First off sir, you are not in love. I know that you think you are, but you are not. You are only 17, you have no idea what love means. Now, with that being said, I know that losing someone you care about is difficult, but you have to look at the good news... she at least still wants to be your friend. If you truly care about her the way you say you do, then just enjoy being with her. Spend time with her, and just be her friend. If you treat her right, there is no telling what the future could hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment