Wednesday, August 18, 2010

For people 24 and over, how do you cope w/ goodbyes? My boyfriend w/whom I lived for 5 months left yesterday?

.......He left for an indefinite time to Vietnam and then, Cambodia. My issue is a little bit complicated so I need the opinion of people who are more mature and has more experiences in life. I love him and he proposed. Somehow I feel that his proposal for marriage was conditional. He did not tell me any conditions, but later on in the relationship, he has many demands and even threatened to break up the engagement if I could not comply to his wishes. One time I told him ';Fine, if that's what you want';. He would be quick to make up with me.





Lately he rarely says ';I love you';, which makes me feel that he loves me less or that he does not love me anymore. In the beginning he said it more frequently.





I'm supposed to follow him in a few weeks to Vietnam. But the fact that he's starting to be more demanding makes me think twice about the marriage and even following him. How do you normally cope up with the separation? I have heard and done this a lot, to make myself busy, but my problem is that I am sentimental and no matter how busy I get, I still feel the same loneliness. I know there is no miracle cure and nobody could really help me cope up except me. How do you go through this?For people 24 and over, how do you cope w/ goodbyes? My boyfriend w/whom I lived for 5 months left yesterday?
I would re think the situation right now. Since, you're still young I wouldn't get any deeper into the relationship. He's definitely sending out some red flags ';threatening to break up with you'; just because you won't meet his demands. Imagine how you will be in a couple of years. You'll be more likely to listen to all of his demands because you've been together for such a long time. I suggest not ruining your life and find someone better for you that doesn't just demand but some one who gives a little and takes a litte. I hope my advise helps and that you take it, if you don't break up with him than you should have a serious talk about all the issues.For people 24 and over, how do you cope w/ goodbyes? My boyfriend w/whom I lived for 5 months left yesterday?
You're asking the wrong question, because the problem here isn't the separation. The problem is you're engaged to someone about whom you have a lot of serious issues and your fiance sounds like a control freak.





People complicate this stuff. This is supposed to be the happiest time in your life, and if you have major problems before you're even married, this is either the wrong person or, less likely, you need to take a big step back, cancel the engagement, and get to know him a lot better.





You'd be crazy to follow him to Vietnam. You'll be just as lonely, but this time in a foreign county whee I assume you you don't even speak the language. Find ways to feel less lonely, and then when he comes back take time to get to know him. But never plan a marriage when you've got these serious problems. Marriage won't solve them.
If you were simply missing him, that would be one thing, but you are also doubting the whole relationship. So, look at the next few weeks as an opportunity to do some real thinking about whether or not he, and this relationship, are what you honestly want as your future. Don't let life carry you along, like you're a leaf on a river; make your own way in your life by making the right decisions for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment