Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can you cope and move on from a sudden break up?

After a three year relationship, he just suddenly dumped, out of no where giving me no reason. First I made no contact with him for two months, he tried to but i ignored, then when i was ready i contacted him, thought i could get an explanation or even closure but i didn't , all i got was that he was unhappy but just didn't know what it was that made hime unhappy. He just basicly called it quits, how am i supposed to move on from this, although its been two monthe and i am doing everything i can to move on like traveling, moving to the city and starting a new job, it is still devastating, i am still in shock. And I still can't believe that a three year relationship could just end like a blind of the eye. I have this stronf feeling that something s not right that something is suss, but is this denial?How can you cope and move on from a sudden break up?
ya after being with him for 3 years, that is a long time to be together with out any feelings that you would be together for longer I bet. I know the feeling. My guy and I had been together 2 years, and I guess it's a done deal too. pretty sudden in a way, he kicked me out of his house over me finding out about his affairs on the internet, and told me I shouldn't of been snooping.


Do they ever realize that they shouldn't of been doing what they do on line with those women?


or is it easier not to deal with it with me, keep those online dates and end it?


I suppose that is where it is at today.


its been a week, and he hasn't made any attempts to make it right with me,


so that pretty much tells me where Ive stood with him.


I don't think men feel anything close to what we feel when we end up breaking up..


It never seems to bother men to just dump one girl and move on to the next one.


why is that? guess I should ask yahoo answers. uh?


sorry that it ended so sudden for you too. atleast I know the reason behind us breaking up. but you don't.. why can't he tell you?


it must be something that embarrasses him. or he would have to admit cheating on ya or somen..


but couldn't say that to ya face to face. men seem to be like that, they can't face what they do..


but by god if you even attempt to do anything close towhat they do, we would get holy Hell for it.How can you cope and move on from a sudden break up?
Sounds like you both had mixed feelings about the breakup -- i've played that game before...


first, your characterization of the ';no contact'; then ';you were ready'; etc with talking to him -- indicates that your relationship was probably a measure of control in your life. Now, you've lost the control - or what you thought was control -- so you probably feel lost in general and out of control with your feelings.


it sucks, but it will pass.


i strongly advise getting with people who you know care about you -- family and friends saved my *** time and again after my last serious breakup (also after a 3 year thing). Try doing some journaling about what you're feeling about the relationship and why you have the feelings you do about it... and don't expect those physical changes you made (new city, etc) to be the cure all --- because the pain you're feeling is emotional. The curative work you do must be on that aspect of your life, though the physical changes you make CAN affect those emotional changes which are necessitated in this circumstance.


It took me 6-8 months to get over my ex (though it got better with each passing day during that time) and 2 years or so to really learn what i needed to from it.


If you're not in a position to see people who care about you often, get a therapist, for real. You definitely won't get past this by avoiding it, and you definitely won't get past it by sulking in it!


good luck
hey there life is precious... take up some hobbies or join the social activity clubs.. don't give up that easily..cheers.. god bless take care bye...
Forgive me if I'm wrong but it sounds like he brokeup without even knowing what troubled him about the relationship. If that's true you never could have made a real long term thing out of it anyway. I recommmend you enjoy the good memories you had and know that there is nothing more left to this romance. Pick a guy who will work harder with you to make things work next time.
you must accept everything that happened. acceptance really matters for you to move on..
he might have found a girl whom he truly love, it hurts but you must face it..you'll soon find a right man who will not leave you just like what he did. you don't need him..go out with your friends..
One thing you must understand is that when one is not ready to get back together its nothing that the other can do.





the best way to forget someone( cope and move on ) is to keep yourself busy. watch lots of movies, read, take up some kind of classes etc. You will need support of all your family and friends.





All in time....
Sounds to me like he met someone else and wanted to be free of anything that would prevent him from pursuing things with her. He thought it would be easier to do it this way rather than to just be honest.
time.

No comments:

Post a Comment