Friday, August 20, 2010

Miserable journey - any similar experience/how to cope?

was travelling home from london to mumbai and series of unfortunate events has left me feeling so raped (not literally)





1. Broke up with my boy friend a day before leaving





2. He refused to help me with my stuff to the airport so I paid some 30 quid to get there





3. In the airport I realised my luggage was twice the kgs allowed





4. wanted to reschedule my ticket but my 'best friend' said i cant stay with her and plus i had no money for hotel and old place (previous home) was occupied with someone else





5. had no money for excess baggage..which was around 250 quid





6. friend refused to take my bag home (yes i degraded her from best to just a friend)





7. had to throw one full bag in the airport and leave





8. realized on the flight that the thrown-away bag had 100 pounds worth winter wear





9. realized in mumbai airport that my mobile was missing


and the airport officials said they found nothing on the flight





came home to my family and gosh i felt relieved...





anyone of u has had worse/similar experiences? how did u cope up with it...am feeling like a total victim now...





:(Miserable journey - any similar experience/how to cope?
Oh dear what a horrible experience!





You have to look on the bright side. you are now home with the people you love and who love you. Just think how much worse this would have been if you were travelling in the other direction!





Had lots of horrible travel experiences when I was young and travel had to be on the cheap. If it's any cconsolation there will come a time in your life when you can afford to choose how you travel according to comfort not price and the fact that you have had these dreadful journeys will make those future travels so much more satisfying.Miserable journey - any similar experience/how to cope?
How to cope ? Well, being organised and leaving nothing to chance is a good start. You should have known about the luggage weight problem (or could have checked for limits beforehand. Be more self-reliant rather than assuming other people are going to dig you out of a hole. I always carry a credit card to deal with last minute hitches. Keep mobile phone and travel documents safe.





I have a friend in Africa who met a 42-year-old guy from Nottingham on the internet. The relationship developed although they had never met to the point where she saved all her money and came over to the UK the get married to him. When she got to his house the door was answered by his MOTHER, who knew nothing of these arrangements. The guy could be heard being told off by mum and was sent to his room like a naughty boy. The girl had no choice but to go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment