Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope when the children are split due to marriage break up.?

My 15 year old daughter is leaving with my wife, so my wife is ';not on her own';. My two sons are staying with me. I feel awful that the children are going to be split, but they are all old enough to make their own decisions and will come and go between my house and my wife's house as much as they want. I have a fantastic relationship with my daughter and fully understand she has decided to live with her mother, but the adjustment I will have to make seems too much to cope with at the moment. I know there are people who, sadly, have lost children, but the thought of my daughter not actually living in my house is too much to bear. How have others coped?How to cope when the children are split due to marriage break up.?
You just do. you can call her and talk to her as much as she will allow, but you have the sons with you too. So you are ';not on your own'; either. I don't know why you threw that comment in about your wife. She has less people living with her than you do. Why did you say that?How to cope when the children are split due to marriage break up.?
By putting the kid's needs ahead of my own. My girls are both with their dad, but it's the best thing for them.
Don't worry you can still have a close relationship just don't talk bad about her mom. She wants to be in a female environment like your sons want to be in a masculine environment. Just don't pit the kids against each other and spend some time with the kids as a group sometime. If you have met another woman or planning to don't push a father/daughter date together to include a new woman because time alone is important for you both and the same for your ex wife if she has another or planning to. Once a week or or anytime convenient for all your kids plan a night out with all at a nice restaurant like the one I saw on TV where there is both food and games, I think it is Busters or something like that or an amusement park. If the divorce is still fresh don't bring a date of your own because this is dad and kids time not date time. Later when the storm calms down it might be OK, but ask the kids opinion because they do matter. Hope all goes well and if this advice helps.
acceptance is the only way to effectively deal with this...she loves her mom and you and is feeling sorry to the mom...this will most likely pass as she begins to realize she is not responsible for her mothers happiness...the love and comfort a family creates cannot be substituted with the efforts of young children trying to shore up the destructive aftermath. It is unfortunate the mother is allowing her to leave her brothers...but it is typical behavior from selfish immature people to use kids.
its only natural that the daughter would wanna stick with her mother,they are both girls.dont take anything personal,where ever she is she will always be your daughter.no matter what.
How do you think your ex wife feels loosing 2 children? How do you think she is coping? I know you don't care because right now you are feeling selfish and all about me. Just remember most dad's lose their children after divorce. You've got it made, be thankful for what you do have and stop harping on what you don't.
when my daughter turned 13 she wanted to go live with her father that lived 5 hours away. It was completely devastating to me. I did not want to force her to stay with me and have her turn on me. She was expressing her desire to know her father better and be near him, I had to respect that...and I did. She stayed with him for 2 years. It was hard but I adjusted with several calls and several visits. She'd spend all her summers, school breaks and holidays with me and many weekends as well. When she turned 15 she was ready to come back home with me and she stayed till college was over.





You will adjust. Just keep in close touch with her. Email each other, call often, set up visits, add each other on facebook etc. Who knows maybe next year she'll want to move in with you.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment