Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coping with a break up helppp!?!?

My boyfriend of over a year and i broke up about three months ago and he has started ';talking to'; this sophomore girl in high school. We are seniors in high school. I'm heart broken that he has moved on so quickly to her. All of our friends and church leaders keep telling him he is being stupid for moving on too fast; especially to a much younger girl. They all gave him crap for the longest time and he knew what he was doing was worng, he just never did anything about it. Well, supposedly, he recently talked to her and stated that they should strictly just be friends. At this point, as the girl, wouldn't you kind of like, back off? or feel a little awkward. guess not. they went to prom together, as ';friends'; and after prom that night, he texted her saying ';thank you so much for tonight! i had so much with. i miss you so much already though :['; is that really just friends? i'm falling apart. how can he just drop me in an instant %26amp; pick up someone %26amp; be like that with her? please help :/Coping with a break up helppp!?!?
from your first words. He had NOT moved on! He is on the rebound. He is hurt just like you which is normal. You may need a rebound too....not of the physical kind but of the emotional kind. You both have a lot of sexual tension and care about each other a lot but you are not meant for long term together! at least it doesn't sound like it from that!Coping with a break up helppp!?!?
really just move on your self... break ups are always hard... i guess you just gotta learn to respect the fact that its over and try your best to start anew...
My parnter of 12 years ( husband of 6yrs) left me 5 weeks ago and is already seeing someone else. we have 2 young kids and he still wants to be friends! Its very very hard. I know how you feel!
some one always has it worst trust me....my ex girlfriend of 13 months moved on 4 days after...how bout that one? dont worry about him...hes going low for a sophmore and hes a senior what a joke
I'm so sorry honey.





But you're torturing yourself with knowing too much.





Tell people you don't want to hear about it at all anymore. Find some new places to hang out for a few weeks even if you have to --just to get some distance and to create your own life for yourself a little bit.





hang in there.


break-ups suck. suck!


You'll have the experience to understand when you meet a girl who goes through something similar one day and you can give her a hug and take her to coffee and listen when she cries. And because of this today you will be able to help.
I am 22 years old, I dated my ex for three years. He is 20 years old. After we broke up, he got a girlfriend about 3-4months later who is a SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL (not that its a bad thing being in high school). Imagine how I feel? I am here, thinking we had adult relationship together and he dates someone who is in high school?? OMG. I am almost done with college and I thought he was so mature than that. She is not even worth your time to be mad about. Just think of it as he has such a low standard. He tells me how immature she is and he has hard time accpeting the behaviors she does (she's 18, sleeps with her parents still every night). I am like ..omg..he must have some brain damage.





Get over it girl. You are so much better. And you could get so much better guy. Move on. Its hard but I did it! so can you!!
Saying what he did....I miss you so much...already....there is more too it...but he probably does not want to hurt your feelings by actually telling you there is more to it as he knows how much you are hurting.....maybe for him it has been 3 months and he feels ready for another relationship, alot of people are different and may take shorter or longer periods of time to get over something or someone....





As much as you were together for such a substantial amount of time over year, as I said he may feel ready to move on and be that way with another....maybe months or weeks prior to your breakup his heart wasn't in it anymore and thats why you broke up and now he feels ready for another relationship....try not to let this get your spirit down too much as it wasn't meant to be....in time you will meet that right person, we all go through these things. I was with my ex for almost 3yrs....and I loved him and was still very much ';in love'; with him dearly even when we broke up....I was devastated..thought my world had ended.....but what got me through it was my great support from my friends and family, I also put alot of focus into work and my sport. I also took a look at my life and his and how we did work as a couple and I saw that it would not work out between us anymore....as I out grew him and he was going in a different direction as to what I was and thats something that is a must in a relationship is you must be on the same path in the same direction, if you both are going opposite then it doesn't work...As well as a relationship is a hard one to maintain that bond between you and also you may now know or in time will work out what to make better and use this a learning curve.





I go by the saying ';If you love it let it go, if it comes back...it is yours, if it doesn't it never was'; also ';If it was mean't to be it will be, if it wasn't it will never be';....





It will take time...you just got to give yourself that and keep away from him as much as you can to start off with...give yourself space and him space...as the more you hang around him or see him the more you will get reminded of him and get hurt by him dating this other girl....Go out with your friends, take up a sport, hobby or an interest and be strong you will get through it....and before long you will find yourself over him and may in time find that special person. But life is too short believe me, enjoy life and have fun and experience everything that comes your way in life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment