Monday, August 16, 2010

How to cope with breaking up with my boyfriend?

ive never felt like this before. I'm only 16 so maybe it was because this was my first serious relationship, but he seriously meant the world to me. he was perfect, and we broke up because he had to leave, his life was/is in danger, i would've gone with him, left my life [college, friends, parents, home] for him, but he wouldn't allow it because he said i'd be in danger too and if something happened to me he couldn't deal with it. he told me to move on because i shouldn't get involved, that i deserve someone better. i feel heartbroken. i did so much for him, that i wouldn't have even considered doing for anyone else, he made me feel amazing. now i feel so alone. like i have nothing. nothing matters anymore. i dont feel completely alone, because i have my eating disorder, which is comforting at this point, because starving is my only motivation for living at the moment [please don't comment on this]. i don't think his feelings for me were as strong as mine are for him but i really need help with trying to get over this. the problem is also that he is in trouble, so im constantly by the phone just waiting for him to let me know he's okay. i want to wait for him, if he's still interested in me [about 2 months time]. all my friends are saying that he's not worth it, that he didn't do any good for me etc, but i've never felt so sure about anything before, i love him and he means the world to me. my world has literally collapsed, and i didn't know i felt this strongly until he left, i'm so angry at myself, because i could've made better of our relationship, let him know how serious i was, i always hold back my emotions because i have such a low self esteem. please, how can i get over this?? because i can't go on living like this, i will be dead in a month, i need motivation to eat, and he was my only happiness, i literally *can't* eat, and i'm not going to the doctors for helpHow to cope with breaking up with my boyfriend?
listen to your friends





he sounds like bad news





if he is like this now and hes only 16, what will he be like in a few years time?





you'le be taking your kids to see therir father every week, IN PRISON.How to cope with breaking up with my boyfriend?
i was like this too. you just have to realize that there are so many other people in the world and you're going to eventually meet someone who is perfect for you. it might take a while, but you'll eventually get tehre :)
Your in this situation because you are such a deep feeling and giving person. The guy was very needy. So he enjoyed feeding of you and you enjoyed giving to him. Now he's gone and your worried about him because you continue to give of yourself but he's not there to receive the love.


All your life you will be a giving person, so you have to learn to be more selective in who you give to. And make sure you get equal amounts of love back. You will always love people because that is what makes you happy. The people will change but your love will always be the same. Keep your love alive by loving yourself, family female friends, pets anything. You have a valuable gift. Don't let anyone devalue it or abuse it. Be proud of it and learn how to develop it. You helped him now move on to someone else who needs to be loved. (not sex though)


So well done you. Go and treat yourself to something nice.






First of all, he doesn't sound perfect at all from your little story as much as you think he is. People are imperfect. It is a tough lesson to learn but the sooner you do the better.





I idolised my mother and father at various times over the years and it is only now I see how imperfect they are but love them all the more for it.





My first love was when I was 13 and it literally ripped my soul out and I've never really recovered (I'm 34 now). That being said, life always (and I mean always) gets better.





I've seen and done some pretty cool things. I don't know if you're religious but depending on your viewpoint you may not get a second chance at life so make the best of what you have now.





Feel for you matey but hang in there.





Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment