Friday, August 20, 2010

I think I'm going to break up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, any tips for coping?

I don't know how I'm going to cope because even when we have a small argument I can't handle it, I end up giving in and calling him. I love him so much but I hate the person I've become, he won't let me go out, he won't let me see my friends and he always puts me down, I've lost so much confidence. For example I've failed my driving test twice now, and he justs shouts at me, calls me stupid and says why can't I pass when all my friends have, and if I don't pass soon he won't come to see me. He is in the army and I only see him at weekends, I don't know what I'll do without him, I've tried talking to him but he just gets angry. Please help on what to do when I've broke up, how will I cope?I think I'm going to break up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, any tips for coping?
You have to make a decision. I clear cut, no take backs decision. Once you have decided you have had enough (and I'm not sure you are at that point yet), you will be ready to call it quits.





So, you can't talk to him about it, because he will just get angry. Once you have made up your mind that you deserve a life of your own (he's in the service away from you and you are not allowed to go out or see your friends? - this is very very destructive behavior - he will end up abusing you if you stay), you have to stop all forms of contact. You can't talk to him (not even for a second). No texting, no emailing. You have to be prepared. Tell a friend what you plan to do and every time you get the urge to call him, call that friend and say I feel it again - she will help you get over it and talk about something else. The urge will pass. It will get easier. The urges will come at longer times and soon you will forget why you ever wanted to talk to him in the first place. Good luck.I think I'm going to break up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, any tips for coping?
What you will do is this..........stop letting him have power over you to make you feel a victim. You will take control of your life. What you will do without him is expand your horizons, make new friends and regain your confidence. He sounds like a control freak and they usually turn out to be abusers. So, if I were you (which I am not) I would get the heck out of that relationship quick before it totally destroys your life. You deserve better than to be bullied. Which is, effectively, what he is doing to you.
Do you want to be yelled at and demeaned for the next 50 years?


Called every name in the book and treated like dirt?





A few years of this, and you'll believe everything he says about you.


Then you'll never leave because your have zero self confidence that you can live on your own.





So get out now, find an activity, and do that.


After a few weeks, you'll be amazed at how much better it is, when someone's not name calling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment