Monday, August 16, 2010

How can i cope with a very bad break up?

my partner for almost six years have recently decided to call it quits. I could not accept it, and after pleaing and cajoling and throwing tantrums, he began saying things that i found hard to believe to be coming from him. He had not thrown invectives at me but the things that he said tore me apart. Every thing that I thought he meant when we were together were all just a front. I want to break his neck for just saying things that draggled my pride. I just want to move on. But I dont know how to start. I loved himHow can i cope with a very bad break up?
I don't know if he said he had a girlfriend but I'm sure he does they all do that's the only reason they want out. When my husband left me i told him i did not want anyone who did not want me,i have to much pride for that. I loved my husband so much when he moved out but their was nothing i could do but let him go i knew if he loved me he would find his way back to me. 2 1/2 years later he moved back home,he saw that i didn't need him to survive and i could stand on my own two feet i was a lot stronger then he ever gave me credit for. Do you see what I'm saying to you if you really want him back you become someone he has never seen before. Show him you don't need him and when he sees this and sees that your not sitting around waiting for him he will start to get his feelings back for you.How can i cope with a very bad break up?
I agree that time will heal your pain, and only time will do it. I just want to say that many of us have been there and we all feel for you at such a hard and horrible time of your life.





I am sure we all wish we could help you more, or at least give you a giant hug, and hope that our kind thoughts help in some way.
Ouch! I feel for you. Sorry to throw a cliche your way but time is a great healer. I know this and survived. In hindsight I feel I'm a better person for it but........ you have to let time pass. Seems that few of us escape these hard knocks in life but they do shape our personalities and make us more mature. In the meantime be kind to yourself, there is no instant switch to stop ';feeling';. Chances are you will look back and realise that the relationship wasn't a bowl of cherries after all !! Revenge is an understandable response but the very best revenge is going on to be successful. I wish you good luck.
Cajoling and throwing tantrums are childish you need to pull up your boot straps and act like an adult. Ok, so the relationship did not work out like you wanted but you are better off now that you know his real feelings. Shake him off and throw a party invite only single eligible males, married women and their husbands. Have a blast. Forgive him for being a jerk or you will only make yourself sick. Forgiving him is the first step to independence and happiness. Now get out there and live.
stay home and cry yourself a river until you're ready to go out with your friends. think of all the bad things. what he's done, how he is, what type of person he is to you.. think of all the reasons why it doesnt and wouldnt work. whatever your problem was, it could happen again. it takes time for people to change. would you wanna keep going in circles with him? realize that you could do better, that you deserve better, and that you'll find someone else who would treat you the way you want to be treated. it's hard, i know. don't let being together for 6 years fool you. take time away from him. don't have anything to do with him. go out with your friends and enjoy your own life. if you guys are meant to be, you guys will run into each other again later.
deep breaths and one day at a time
Realize how much of a PRICK he is. He lied to you. The relationship was not based on truth, but based on his convenience. Allow yourself to truly believe that you DESERVE better (you do!).





Find yourself. Reconnect with friends. Then once you are happy with yourself, find the right guy - one who compliments you (by that, I don't mean verbally, I mean spiritually).





There is no timeline here. It may be a month or a year. Don't rush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment